SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigerdunes

Retail Store-GE Appliances and Quality/Service Issues

tigerdunes
14 years ago

This past Friday, I was in a large independent upscale retail appliance/furniture store located in a mid sized Southeast city. Beautiful store. Sold all the major brands including many of the so called top of line professional kitchen appliance brands. I am looking to have a complete overhaul of my kichen. I am intrigued about GE's Advantium and its numerous functions and because of this am leaning toward GE. I am not interested in mixing brands.

I consider myself an above average shopper/purchaser/consumer. I know when a salesperson is steering me away from one brand as well as steering me toward another. It was quite obvious from the normal salestalk/chitchat that the salesman was literally badmouthing GE over vague quality issues along with after sale service. Because this tactic was so overt, I would say with certainty that this was being done at the direction of store management. I would be surprised if GE was not aware of this.

So what gives? I know GE Corporate is not interested in the appliance division and is actively pursueing its sale. But has this negatively affected GE Appliance Division?

Is GE quality suffering because of being in limbo? Does the Advantium have quality issues that have not been resolved with corrections/updates?

I would appreciate all replies particularly from those in the business.

TD

Comments (5)