SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
portago

Miele Futura Diamond has arrived!

Portago
12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Living in a small house with open space, I had to get rid of my noisy Maytag dishwasher. My sofa is just a few feet away from the dishwasher and the bedroom is not that far either.

I always knew the replacement was going to be a Miele. My parents still have their entry level model after 24 years and I have their top of the line vacuum which I love (made vacuuming not a chore anymore, and I'm a guy! ;-)

I also want to "buy once" as much as possible to reduce waste.

So I broke the bank and bought the Futura Diamond. If I was going to keep it for 20+ years I wanted the most quiet model.

Well, the door handle itself feels more solid than my previous dishwasher. The quality is top notch.

My dishes have never been so clean.

Another thing that is rarely mentioned, is how much more dishes fit thanks to the trays configuration. I can put almost twice as much than my previous dishwasher, reducing energy and water consumption on top of what Miele does with its machine.

I must admit, the LED lights are really nice...it's like a fridge, I don't know how I did it without lights before ;-)

My only (slight) disappointment, is the noise level. Don't get me wrong, it's not noisy. But after reading so many people talking about not knowing it was on, having to put their ears on the panel etc, I guess I was expecting total silence. But it's not. It's really quiet, but you can tell it's running. Maybe my house is really quiet. Again, it's not bad, I guess my expectations were too high.

Overall, I have no regret for making a major investment in buying a top quality product that will not see the landfill for many years and will use as little resource as possible in the mean time.

Next stop, Miele washer and dryer and Capital Culinarian range (it's going to be while...)

Thanks a lot for everyone's info on this forum.

Comments (30)