SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannbell

Pizza and My Wolf Convection Steam Oven

jannbell
10 years ago

I've been using my Wolf Convection Steam Oven for about a month, and I have to say that I am not entirely happy with my experience. Some things have turned out fine, but I'm not happy with the pizzas I've done. I have baked three "from scratch" pizzas using the Wolf "gourmet" pizza setting. The first time I selected the medium brown crust, and while the crust was medium brown, the cheese was overdone. The next time I selected the light brown setting, and the cheese was still overdone. Both pizzas were edible, but I wouldn't want to serve them to company, and I'm not crazy about eating overcooked pizza myself. I used Williams-Sonoma "goldtouch" 9 x 12 pans for the first two pizzas, so I tried a Williams-Sonoma round 12" goldtouch pizza pan for the third pizza, and selected the light brown setting. This resulted in another pizza with overdone cheese, but the bottom was soft, not crispy.
I called Wolf and spoke to two different people and asked for suggestions, but they had nothing of any value to say. The first one suggested I go to the nearest showroom, but that's 100 miles away. The other suggested I use the setting for focaccia bread in the Recipes Mode, but she couldn't tell me how this setting differs from the pizza setting in the Gourmet Mode or why she thought it would be an improvement. She did say she would ask one of their chefs about this, but she said she could not guarantee that I would hear back on this. It's been a week, and I haven't heard back.
I know I could watch the pizza and remove it from the oven before it gets too brown on top, but I'm pretty sure that the bottom would be undercooked.
Has anyone had success with pizza in the Wolf Convection Steam Oven? I'd love to hear how you did it.

Comments (9)