SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fidoprincess

More help with Marble-Bill?

fidoprincess
15 years ago

I've been reading all the posts and agree with Bill that nothing I can find comes close to looking like real marble. Since my bathroom is so small, I am going to go for it and try and make it like this with the red glass accents: http://lightstreamsglasstile.com/red_sea.aspx

You have to scroll down to see it in the marble. I know it is not everyones taste but here all you see are travetine baths that look dark to me and I only need 110 sq feet of tile total so it is somewhat affordable. The rest of my house is all red and white too so it will fit in.

I have a flat marble vanity top with a red vessel sink and waterfall faucet and a red blown glass vanity light about the sink. The base of the vanity and the walls are all white too helping to make the room look larger, did I say it was tiny? 6X9 and the shower is big 4.5 X 3.5 so not much floor space.

Now, trying to get pricing and pick marble out is tough and I wanted a bit of help. I read all about grading starting with A, etc. but when you go to buy, no one knows the grades and so far the only differences I see are in thickness from 1/2" to 5/8 and from $7 to $10/sq. ft.. How do I choose? Is it all thick enough for a bathroom floor and walk in shower walls? I am going to use some smaller hex marble tiles for the floor.

Do you think I should get the floor warmer mat for under the marble?

Thanks for any ideas and I did check out the John Brige tile forums to see if I can find some help there too.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living