SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cturnrd

Grill or griddle and what size???

12 years ago

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading many of your posts during the last several weeks as I'm in the process of having a new kitchen built!

I think I have finally narrowed down many of my initial decisions and now need to tackle some of the details!

I am looking at a freestanding range (hopefully 48" will fit into our kitchen design plan since the range top and wall oven combo did not) and I think I'm set on the Wolf 48" AG (also took me a while to decide on AG vs. duel fuel).

I've been reading posts and trying to research the burners/grill/griddle arrangement and I'm still confused. We live in So. Cal and have a very nice outdoors grill and I've been reading a lot about the indoor grill being very hard to clean. That doesn't appeal to me as I'd like lower maintenance but I love grilled foods! Is it as hard to clean as what I've read previously (some of the posts are from a while back).

Looking at the griddle and I'm not a big breakfast person (pancakes, etc) but I'm guessing you can do a lot of different things with a griddle? I make hot panini sandwiches all the time- I could do that on a griddle right? Is the griddle much easier to clean? Also, if I go griddle is 12" enough or should I go for 4 burners and 24" griddle?

Decisions, Decisions. Deciding on the range was hard enough! I appreciate your help!

Comment (1)