SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom09

GE Profile PGB 908-Need help, feedback?

mom09
14 years ago

Hi! I'm a newbie to this forum. So far I just love it,so much information!

I just bought the GE Profile PGB908. I had not read the reviews on this board yet, regarding the heat and electronic boards getting fried (on all ranges that are similar to mine).

I have only had it for about 3 days. Of course I tested the burners, then I tested the oven at 350, no food or anything, just testing to see if and how it would ignite, etc. I set it for 350 degrees, then I left for about 15 from the kitchen. I was shocked when I reentered the kitchen. It was soooo HOT! I started running my hands over the burners, feeling to see where the heat was coming from. Found out that there was a vent under the electronic board, and that thing was throwing out the heat! My old stove had vents, and it cooked right, have made thousands of meals on that stove but I never experienced the heat coming out from the stove like this. It was about 30 years old,(Magic Chef). Since we made some changes in the kitchen, bought a new fridge, dishwasher, so the stove was replaced too.

This really upset me because my kitchen is not small, its not big either so the heat from the range really makes the kitchen hot. I can only imagine how hot it would get when broiling or when I have to bake something at 350 or 375 for a couple of hrs.

Like I said, its only been here for 4 days, so I am thinking of returning it, but then again, I went to look at some ranges and they all had the vent in the same place. So I imagine most of them have the same problem????

Any comments, advice, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)