SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starlightfarm

Dishwasher troubles.... may have been from using Cascade pks.....

starlightfarm
14 years ago

I have a 3 yr old KitchenAid Dishwasher... which I loved in the beginning. Very quiet, cleans dishes great. The motor has gradually gotten louder and louder... and finally... this past weekend, it quit.

Repairman came out today and said the the motor assembly (pump) is locked up. He thinks it is because I have been using Cascade All-in-One Action Packs (the little gel coated detergent packs). He said that it was like glue in the pump and it just locked it up (he was pulling out little pieces of clear plastic looking stuff).

So.... I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with these detergent packs. I'm sure that it could possibly be that we got a bad pump and it is just a coincidence......

I'm so frustrated that we are either going to have to pay over $300 for a new pump... or get a new dishwasher.

And... if we opt for the new dishwasher, I'm very "gun-shy" of the KA dishwasher now.

ARGH!!! I'm planning on calling Cascade to see if this is a common problem (doubt they will admit it, but I am calling anyway!).

Comments (9)