SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Dell brought me back to life!

wizardnm
14 years ago

Last Wednesday I had a total crash, thanks to an update.

I contacted Dell service (as recommended here). TG I have a 4 yr service plan with about 6 months remaining on it.

Dell did a terrific job! I was able to get someone quickly each time, I made about 5 separate calls. We downloaded the XP operating system and they called back promptly after the download to continue with instructions. I could not find a driver and utility disk, so they sent one next day air! It went out on Thursday about 4:30 and I had it the next morning by 10:30.

There was a problem with my IP address and I had to contact my cable company to get that straightened out.

Another call to Dell tech and we were able to do the rest of the set up. They made sure all my basic software was working....printer, cordless keyboard and mouse. There was a problem with my Media Center (needed decoder) and the tech even helped with that.

So that's my shout out to Dell and my way of letting anyone who has heard about Dell and their service know I am a very happy camper. My only complaint is about out-sourcing the techs. It is hard to always understand what they are asking you to do. My brain was fried from trying to understand what they were saying because of language and concentrating so hard on doing what I was asked.

Now todays question....

I'm running XP3 and IE8. It looks like there are over 60 updates I need to let install. Do I just cross my fingers and close my eyes and do this????

Naturally I am a bit nervous.

I have already installed Avast, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Belarc adviser. Belarc is what brought my to the realization that downloading Service Pack3 did not automatically include all the updates.

Thanks! This post is from my 'old' fixed computer!

Nancy

Comments (12)