SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlou_51

80s style medicine cabinet and bathroom

mlou_51
16 years ago

DH's bathroom has a large tri-view medicine cabinet (50"W x 40"H) that he loves. Problem is it has an ornate pewter colored frame around it that looks and feels plastic to me. We've already replaced the cabinet hardware on the vanity and sconces which were also pewter with simple chrome. But hubby wants to keep his tri-view. The storage is nice, but the frame's so ugly. Any ideas on how to update it?

The bathroom also boasts an 80s (maybe even 70s) medium turquoise blue toilet and tub/shower. DH loves them too. We do plan to rip out the walls..they're that lovely hard waterproof paneling. Must have been white with gold stars at one time..now just a hmm "mellow yellow"? The floor's turquoise and yellow vinyl flooring.

We plan to put white beadboard and drywall on the walls. Paint the walls a softer paler version of the tub and toilet. Wonder if Home Depot will mind if I bring in the toilet tank lid for a color match? A nice neutral floor to replace the flowers. The vanity is actually not too bad. It's a dark wood tone and plenty roomy. I'm not sure whether we should paint it white or leave it woodtone. The room has no windows so no natural light at all. It's part of the addition. I'd welcome any thoughts and suggestions. Mlou

Comment (1)