SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idaf_gw

My new thread Re: system restore does not work

idaf
15 years ago

Update: System restore still does not work...not even in safe mode. No need to reply to that comment. Just decided to throw it in.

After 3 days of trying to get into the control panel of my webserver, I accidently found that after I disabled PARENTAL CONTROL, I was able to log into my control panel.However that did not fix my inability to update my website. So, against Nortons warnings, I uninstalled the ADD_ON PACK that is an optional part of NORTON 360. This includes Identity Safe, Auto log-ins, etc; I then was able to connect and update my webpage. So many pages had been altered by me trying to publish for so many times, that the whole site was completely republished. This took 16 hours on dial-up. I sat here ready to reconnect evrytime my ISP disconnected me, so I went to bed in the wee hours of the morning. But I got it done.

I posted my findings because I felt the information might help someone else who may be having the same problem. After all that's what this forum is all about. Right?

I was a little disappointed that no one had any suggestions about trying an alternate browser. I guess my plea got lost. Anyway, no problem. I did not need to try that anyway. I have received far more from this forum than I have given back over the years. Maybe this post will help even it out.

Ida

Comments (4)