SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

System Crash

wizardnm
14 years ago

I'm posting this from my laptop, just got it a little over a month ago, glad I have it.

The problem is with my desktop PC. It is a Dell XPS400 with 2(mg?) of ram. Windows XP Media SP3, IE8. It is about 3 1/2 yrs old. I still have about 6 months on my service contract. I am on high speed though my cable company. In fact, just yesterday I went from 5 to 10 (mg?)

I run Avast on it and just did a scan a few days ago using Malwarebytes and I think I ran Superantispyware also.

Last night I shut down by going into hibernation which I use most of the time. Got up this morning and turned on the computer, it was slow to bring up sites, so I closed my open windows and started to run CCleaner. I run CCleaner whenever I notice things are sluggish. I noticed CCleaner was being slow also, so I cancelled the scan. It cleaned out a few files however. I then decided to reboot.

OMG.....the BLUE SCREEN!

It says: stop: 0x0000007E

(oxcoooooo5, 0xF7BDC540, 0xF789E528, 0xF789E224)

iastor.sys Adrress F7BDC540 base at F7B0A00

Of course I have no idea as to what any of this means.

I cannot reboot...same blue screen

I tried to reboot in Safemode...can't get anywhere, I end up with the same blue screen. Tried the restore from safemode, networking, just safemode...can't get anywhere.

Help!!! I have no idea what to do. I do have all my system CD's....

BTW..when I got this laptop, I transferred all that I could from the desk top using the Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Win7. So I have all my important files on this new computer too.

I've been on GW for years...but really would rather be posting on the Cooking Forum!!!

Thank you for any help you can give..

Nancy

Comments (22)