SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
labmomma

Thanksgiving ideas requested - pics

labmomma
16 years ago

I have started to think about my Thanksgiving table. I managed to get a nice color tablecloth at Kohls, napkins and a single leaf plate (2.00) this weekend. I am hosting this year and am a bit out of shape for this particular holiday. I usually go to SIL's house for Turkey Day! I haven't gotten napkin rings. I was thinking if I can't find anything I really love, maybe rafia??? I will be setting up a buffet on my kitchen island for the food (too many guests to serve family style).

What do you think of the colors? Too many, not enough, in other words, I don't want the table to look mish/mash. I am going for a natural look, but I want fall colors. The napkins are very "woodsy" and informal. The tablecloth has a inset pattern to it (not damask, but lines in the material), and I am hoping I am not clashing with the informal napkins. I have seen some napkin rings, but they all seem a bit too "formal" for the look I am trying to achieve. Ideas for napkin rings would be welcome as well.

I am keeping the berry garland down the center. It is wrapped around my pewter candle sticks and there is a pewter bowl with some ghourds, but I am wondering if that will be swallowed up too much if I put both leaves in the table??? Also pictured is a bronze basket (I have 2) I will use for dinner rolls and pumpkin bread. I do have some gold colored serving dishes I bought last year (Kohl's I think) for the dishes I took to the dinner my SIL hosted. So, I am planning a gold, orange, brown, bronze, burgandy. I will use my Sur la Table bistro dishes (white) since my china for fall is far short of the number I need for this dinner. I don't have chargers for the day, but as I am doing a buffet service, I really don't think I need them?

Finally, the brown material on the table is what I bought to make a table cover for a round side table. Just need to buy something to finish the edges with from Joanne's. I may not be able to fit everyone at the table(depends how big the table gets with both leaves). I will do a round table for dinner if need be, either to seat a couple of people or set up drinks or dessert and coffee, or something. I may not have to use it, but I am finishing the material just in case. You can never have enough flat surfaces on Thanksgiving.LOL

Please share your thoughts, ideas and/or your pictures of what you are planning for your tables. Who is hosting Thanksgiving this year? I know I can count on everyone here for inspiration and ideas!

Thanks!

{{gwi:1451058}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions