SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allnewappliances

Garbage Disposal, air switch, flange questions.....

allnewappliances
13 years ago

I posted this on the Kitchen forum but wanted to also post here to see what type of information I can get:

I'm trying to purchase everything I need for the kitchen sink and came up with the following list, but want to make sure everything fits together nicely and works together ok (based on some other previous posts).

So far my list is:

Sink - Rohl shaws fireclay sink 30 inch

Faucet - Kohler Vinnata in oil rubbed bronze

so far, so good...here is where it gets tricky:

Garbage disposal - InsinkErator Excel 1 HP continuous feed $354

Air switch - InsinkErator STS00 sink top air switch $62 (this is the kit to make the switch an air switch) with InsinkErator air switch ORB (this is the actual air switch) $19

Flange - Insink Erator extended Flange in stainless steel $64

Stopper - InSinkErator stopper (in white) Dual position stopper $20

Do you think the flange in SS will look ok b/c I couldn't find an InsinkErator extended flange in White to go with the sink and stopper.

Please let me know if this makes sense, and should all work together with the Shaw sink? I want to purchase all of this already so I stop dreaming about them all!!!!

ok, now I have more questions -

1. Do I need the kit to use an air switch with the InsinkErator garbage disposal? Does it matter which GD I get to answer this question?

2. With the InsinkErator GD, it says it comes with a flange and stopper - can I switch these with ones that match my faucet?

3. With a continuous GD, do you need the stopper? Or just the flange?

I'm so confused..................

Comments (2)