SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Question's about Taskbar Notification Area

thirdfrt
16 years ago

Hello,

I have noticed two icon items showing up after I boot up the computer. They are Kodak EasyShare and QuickTime Player. They show up on the right side bottom side of the taskbar. I can right click on them and temporaily remove them but I would like to know if there is anyway I can keep them from showing up in the first place? I can access them from my desktop, so why do they have them go to the taskbar?

I had the Kodak EasyShare not showing but, I don't remember how it was done, then when I updated it I noticed it is back in the taskbar again.

I was doing a search and found that there is a Taskbar Notification Area (management) and they explained how to get to it.

1. Right click on Start button, select, properties, Taskbar, customize, scroll down to past items, select required item & scroll bar under behavior, offers options, make selection.

I have to put a check mark in hide inactive icons and then click customize before I can find the above information.

My question's are: can I mess up anything by telling it to make it inactive in the taskbar?

If for some reason I would need to have it back in the taskbar, can I reverse the process in the taskbar notification area?

Thank you for your help.

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (13)