SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dee7_gw

'Error code 39'

dee7
15 years ago

Hi - I recently bought a Dell XPS M1330 laptop with Windows Vista Home premium pre-installed on it. I connect it via usB cable to an HP laserjet 3015 printer. I had no problems printing until recently -- now I get an error message, and when I check the printer through the device manager on the computer, it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark on it, and says "Error code 39," and something about the driver being either missing or corrupted. But the device manager also tells me that the laptop has also downloaded the most up to date version of the printer driver.

I have seen some info. on "Error Code 39" in relation to dvd/cd drives, but not printers. I do not know whether the problem is the same, or what to do about it. Any help or advice would be appreciated, but I am not tech savvy and know little about the workings of the computer, so the help would have to be geared to a novice.

I have tried to get help both from Dell and from Microsoft, and even though my computer is new neither will help me. Dell is supposed to provide support for operating systems that they pre-install, but so far they tell me that they will only provide support for hardware issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (7)