SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
senator13

Please help! Error code issue with Kenmore 4500 induction range

senator13
10 years ago

Cross posted in kitchens

Hello all,
My husband and I built a house and moved in August of 2011. At that time we purchased a Kenmore 4500 induction range from the Sears Outlet. They told us that it was new, & a display model. Shortly after we moved in, the display where is the oven temperatures show was malfunctioning and not showing all the numbers. At that time we have the Sears warranty and they were called out to make the repair. They replaced the mainboard and that fixed the problem. Fast forward to a month ago when we started having problems with the stove and the oven controls. What is happening now, is that when I go to turn on the stove or the range, it gives me an error code of EO 32 or EO 72. When this happens the stove top or oven beeps with the error code, at which time I must hit stop and start over. I usually have to do this at least six to eight times before I can actually get the stove top or the oven to operate properly. My husband has tried talking with Sears, Kenmore and Fridigare, but has gotten no where with any of them. At this point, he is replaced the display board, and the filter board ( he is an electrical engineer, and has no problem doing the replacements ). Neither of those things have solved the problem. Additionally when he went to replace the display board, there was a note on the board that said it had already been replaced in 2010. Curious, since we bought it in 2011 and they told us at that time it was a display only. In any event, we're trying to determine whether or not anyone else has had this problem and if it was resolved buy replacing the main board for approximately $200. If it isn't the mainboard, it is likely to be one of the generator boards. The range has two generator boards and they sell for $500 each. My husband feels fairly confident is not a generator board problem , because after the range gives me the error code 6 or 7 times, it does eventually work fine until it is off for a good part of the day. For example, it will do it each morning for breakfast, but when I go to use a range at lunch, it is fine. However, if I wait until dinner to turn it back on again, it will give me the errors 6 or 7 X again before it allows me to set the oven or use the stove top.

If anyone has any information on how to solve this problem, we would greatly appreciate it. Other than the error codes and the problems has been giving us, I really do love my induction range and I can't imagine ever owning any other type of stove again in my life. That being said, I cook a lot and would be nice to stop having error codes come up everyday.

Comments (4)