SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

I have majorly messed up!

mudlady_gw
13 years ago

I had made some changes like removing Adobe Reader, installing new PDF programs, changing authentication warning levels and making some changes to my internet options. The changes didn't fix the trouble I was experiencing, so I did a system restore to sometime back in October. My old problems weren't as bad as the new ones so I decided to restore. As soon as the restore took place I tried to use my Dell Bluetooth keyboard, and I couldn't type anything. This message appeared:

Bluetooth Security

Error in pairing with Device Dell BT Keyboard

Reason: Authentication failed, try pairing again.

I have no idea what to do, except that I put new batteries in the keyboard. Since I couldn't enter any text on my PC I fired up my laptop, which insists that a connection is unplugged and there is no network available! That isn't true because I am now typing on my netbook, which found the network immediately. Also, my Kindle WiFi works. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I did another system restore to another date and neither the laptop network problem or the keyboard problems are fixed. Can anyone tell me what to try next?

Thanks, as usual, I am totally computerdyslexic.

Nancy

Comments (4)