SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decisionmaker_gw

building a new custom home - don't think i can make it!! part ii

decisionmaker
16 years ago

Since this has been such a popular post I thought I'd add another one.

We are getting close to finishing this nightmare and every minute more problems arise. The biggest blow yesteray was when the plumber came to start the finish plubing so we can get our plumbing final on MOnday. We started opening boxes of facuets, shower fictures etc. and noticed a lot of missing parts!!! I realize now we should have check earlier but my PM is a moron!!!I stayed with the plumbers for hours watching them making sure everythign was OK.

Evenutally I had to leave to take care of my children - this was about 5pm.. DH stopped at the site later at night (after they left) and noticed that they cracked a bunch of glass shower tiles when installing the body sprays in the master shower. He also notcied the drain was backed up.

I waited for the plumbers today until almost 3 pm. They finally came and showed me that my Grohe kitchen faucet was dented and could not be installed, the shower diverters in my kids bath was not operating properly, the master bath faucets - also Grohe has a problem and the real killer . . . .

The tile guy let too much grout fall into the shower drain and clogged the entire thing with basically cement. No drainage!!!! So wait - they have to cut open the ceiling below the shower cut off the pipes that are clogged with grout and reinstall new pipes. We were very close to getting a CO and now I dont know what will happen next.

Thr dry wall guysd have already dome back and done the finishing touch ups. Dont know if they will ever come again.

This was just the problems du jour - earlier in the week we had big problems with the pool and deck and that sub was too busy to come and fix it all until next week.

The only good news - the power was turned on for testing and the AC is running!!!!

What else can go wrong - I am sure a milloin more things. I just dont thing I can take another day of this insanity.

BTW the tile came highly recommended I really am so disappointed now!!! He didnt even do a great job on the project. Just medicore :(

We have also had about one million other problems this week - the good news is I fired our old painters and got relly good new ones - but thats all thats gone well.

I need a big pep talk, a bottle of tequilla and about a month on an island in the Carribean!!!

Whew!!!!

Decisionmaker

Comments (5)