SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

You All Are Such a Bad Influence! Great HL Find ( pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I need more holiday decorations like I need another hole in my head, but how can I help myself after joining this forum ;^P ? You all are such a bad influence on me (LOL)!

Sooooo, there I was yesterday, all over town in search of things for my Thanksgiving table. While at HL, I found ths darling little lighted Christmas dec. It was marked $19.99 but practically every holiday item was on sale for 50% off. I couldn't resist it, as I knew my 14 y/o DD would love it. She did!

I did create quite a stir getting it, though!

They were on the shelf just barely above my head, so I reached up with both hands to lift one down. Well, all the cords were unknowingly wrapped around one another behind them and . . . one pulled another one down, which fell onto the next shelf . . . which happened to be full of very fragile painted wine glasses and . . . there was a crash of glass that brought half the store running to me! It was totally not my fault as no one could see the tangle behind them and the HL people were only concerned that I wasn't cut or injured, but I was so embarrassed! What a mess.

I thought you might like to see these cute little jars. They have a small hole drilled through the backs, where the cord runs through. The light itself is one of those small volt ones that has the soft silicone flame top. It's fixed to a base that looks like a metal jar lid and glued in place. The small trees screen the base from the sides and behind. The penguins hide it from the front. The "snow" is just scooped into it. The lid has four (heat) vents in it. I thought someone might want to try making one, so I'm including a (slightly blurry) pic that included the top.

Is this cute, or what?!?

Lynn

{{gwi:1449601}}

{{gwi:1449602}}

{{gwi:1449603}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions