SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Let's Talk Turkey

excessfroufrou
14 years ago

I've packed away all the Halloween and brought out the turkeys for Thanksgiving. The buffet features DH's turkey tail mount, a print from Ideal's mag., 2 little vintage turkeys from the TS, a pair of antique field glasses and the buffet is covered in an antique velvet mantel scarf, folded in half. Yesterday on my lunch I picked up the acorns at the park, I had to glue the tops on everyone, then put them in my copper GS tray. The red and gold cabinet has Victorian velvet scarf, turkeys I've collected, antique Thanksgiving postcards,and GS vase. I've got 7 of the red plates,I bought at estate auction and the gold goblets are part of a set of eight, with 2 each gold, red, green, and blue. DH bought me the turkey platter at a GS for $2.00. I painted the little scarecrow in the wooden bowl about 12 years ago. The vintage paper turkey, squirrel and glass dome all TS finds, 25 cents to a dollar. The green turkey plate was mother's, it's marked Governor's Mansion on the back, ???. It is a weird color, so I just mix it in with my green and blue in my family room. I think I am ready for Thanksgiving.

Syble {{gwi:1448811}} {{gwi:1448812}} {{gwi:1448813}} {{gwi:1448814}} {{gwi:1448815}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions