SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Thanksgiving Centerpiece? I'm hosting my first ever. :)

User
15 years ago

IÂm hosting my first Thanksgiving ever at my house this year. Yay. TheyÂll be 10 people total.

IÂm actually going to bring up another table I have in the basement and sit it beside the round table we normally use. Going to buy matching table clothes. We donÂt have a separate dining room so itÂll have to work.

Going to be doing buffet style since I donÂt have a collection of dishes and canÂt go buy any right now. (Also trying to paint before thanksgiving!) WeÂve never been a fancy family as far as the holiday dinners go but I think itÂll be fun.

IÂm trying to come up with a centerpiece idea for the island. IÂm going to be putting all the food/plates etc. on there. HereÂs what I came up with so farÂ

{{gwi:1448732}}

{{gwi:1448733}}

{{gwi:1448734}}

I was going to use some glass tall, staggering candle holders I have but theyÂre delicate and I could see them toppling over. I actually already broke the top of one of them by accident messing with them. Anyhow, should I get a runner or material for in the middle? What color? I was thinking gold. Or should it be multi? How about a tray or small basket with the items and material/runner in it? Add more leaves? So far I havenÂt seen any fall tablecloths that I liked. If I donÂt find something IÂll be buying matching gold damask ones I saw the other day.

IÂm open to thoughts and suggestions! I have a carved wooden red bird that I could probably stick on the backside. DidnÂt think to add him for the pictures. Duh. :) I also have some other small pumpkins and I have some fake fruit.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
More Discussions