SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

TS Candy Cane Apothecary Jar

christmascandy
13 years ago

Well, I had a return to the TS and ended up buying lots more than I took back as usual!

I found a heavy footed glass vase.....hmmmmm

Went to the cookware section and found a saucepot lid with a broken handle, and then to the holiday section and found a candle topper,

First, everything needed a good washing, then I removed the broken handle from the lid, and cut off the bottom part of the candle topper. That is the part that goes into the candle jar. That was not easy!! I used my multi-master tool and it still took 1/2 hour to cut that part off. It is a resin/plaster type of product and I had gray hair after I was done!! There was white dust everywhere.

Then I used the grinder attachment and made a concave depression in the base to fit onto the saucepot lid.

Pre-drilled a hole and used a drywall screw to attach the candle topper to the lid.

Finally, I glued peppermint striped ribbon around the rim of the saucepot lid and around the base of the candletopper and filled it with candy canes I bought after the holidays last year. This is the final result.

The lid removes, I just glued the ribbon to its edge, so the treats are easily accessible!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions