SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larakbeck

Things to do/plan while waiting on architect

Lara
10 years ago

Hi! I've been a lurker for a while on the forum and have received so many excellent ideas - thank you all! I hope to become a more active participant now!

We are in the beginning stages of building our home - owner/builder style, and we're currently waiting on the architect to complete the plans. I've been trying to make good use of the time by doing research on permits, gathering design ideas, starting the budget sheet, identifying contractors for bids, putting our project plan together, etc - I'm a project manager by day in the software industry so of course that's the first thing I did. :) (if anyone wants a copy of the draft project plan that I have so far in MS Project, I'm happy to share. I created it by combining bits and pieces from all different sources. And I can export to Excel if you don't have MS Project).

Anyway, I wanted to see if any of you have any input on what other things I can be working on while we're waiting on the architect. Any gotchas that we can start planning for now to save us pain later on?

Thanks again!!

Comments (25)