SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rsasupra_gw

Ideas on redoing shower (as part of full master remodel)

rsasupra
13 years ago

I am in escrow right now on a 1929 Spanish Revival and love almost everything about the house except for the tile in the kitchen and living room (easy fix) and the master bath which was added within the last 10 years.

I've done a lot of googling and a lot of searching around this and other forums...

I have picked out a double sink unit and am working on tile (I'm partial to hex and subway) but I'm not sure exactly what to do about the shower. It is has a glass block enclosure with really wide grout and takes up so much visual space in the small bathroom. It is angled and has the head at the far wall.

I definitely want to go with a frameless enclosure, but I am trying to figure out whether or not to make is complete rectangle. I am also wondering if it is feasible (or makes sense) to put it a second shower head perpendicular to the current location.

{{gwi:1455124}}{{gwi:1455125}}

Toilet sits to left of shower.

{{gwi:1455126}}

I've picked out this console and want to create something similar but with a little more period look with hex and subway tiles.

I like the general idea of this shower, but with a full enclosure. The ceiling is too high for to mount the shower head there, but I'm not sure about working this in with or without the cut-out angle, and how to potentially work in a second shower head, sprayers, or whatever.

{{gwi:1455128}}

I'm considering the following "plumbing" from Restoration Hardware:

Vintage Thermostatic Shower Valve & Trim Set

Vintage Flow Control Valve & Trim Set for Thermostatic Systems

8" Round Wall-Mount Rain Showerhead

Optional: (Should I opt for 2nd showerhead and/or sprayer)

Thermostatic Control Valve Extension Kit

Spray Jet Showerhead

Universal Body Spray

Any ideas/input would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I'm also considering moving this toilet into the guest bath which is has a claw foot tub and period pedestal sink. But I'm not really sure what a good replacement toilet that would be most "period looking."

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz