SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleymagpie

May I join your forum?

valleymagpie
15 years ago

May I join your forum? I come from the Home Forum and have been reading all your terrific ideas. Alas, I don't have much Christmas decor because DH and I have relocated to the Pacific Northwest and are building a house. All my stuff is divided among four storage lockers! Moving day will hopefully be some time in January, but maybe not until February.

I am anxious at least to put a string of lights down our front deck stairs in December. As we drove through our neighborhood last Christmas we were happy to see all the lights and decorations.

I see many posts that involve the Dollar Tree. I, too, live near a Dollar Tree. But what's worse is all the yard sales, rummage sales, and thrift stores! I can indulge myself with lots of seasonal items if I buy them REALLY cheap. Since it's just DH and me I only need a few dishes, a couple of placemats, etc. But I do stock up on more for (we hope) some larger family dinners when we have the room!

Our style is rustic/lodge-y which I think is a perfect complement to the fall/winter season. I'm going to try to pare down my Christmas tree ornaments, keep only the ones I really love, and add lots of pine cones, berries, and feathered birds. The Martha Stewart Christmas books show nifty pine cone ornaments (I think they're also in her Christmas magazine on the stands now) which I am going to work on for NEXT year.

Keep those great ideas coming! I love reading about them and hope I'll be able to post some pictures at the next holiday season (there are so many things I'll want to do after seeing them here).

Thanks all of you for contributing to this great forum!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions