SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ten3_2tex

power settings

ten3_2tex
13 years ago

I need help with my windows XP power settings. This has nothing to do with wanting to save energy. I want to know if my settings are the right ones for my computer. I have it at ..(turn off monitor-NEVER)..(T O hard disks-after 10 min)..(System Standby-after 10 min.) system hybernates-never)

Seems to me that after I get off for a while, it does as it pleases. Sometimes the desktop is on, goes black, comes back again. At times the whirley screen saver is at work, sometimes whirling away and sometimes at standstill. All that is fine although I don't know if it is part of the settings.

What worries me is when the monitor goes black and stays that way while the blue light on the tower is blinking. Nothing brings the monitor back. I have to give the blue light a little tap and it stops blinking and I am able to revive the monitor. This last time the light would not stop blinking and I had to push and hold and it turned off the computer but it would not turn back on again. I clicked off the surger and after a long while when I tried again the computer turned on........Oh and the tower is sounding loud when the light is blinking and it goes very quiet when not.

Is this the way that the power options are supposed to work? Should I change the settings? the screen saver? What do I need to do?

I do have another problem. The many NOT RESPONDING that show on top of the screen and having to wait for the HOUR GLASS to go away in order to continue. I have the feeling that my computer is going out on me.

I have not posted here in a long time but I always read because you all know so much and are so helpful. THANKS.

HHH

Comments (12)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County