SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Wolf grill or griddle? Which one and why????

athensmomof3
12 years ago

We are getting a 36" wolf rangetop. I like the extra real estate of the 36" but will never need or use 6 burners. I am going to get the grill or the griddle, and was all set to do the grill until I asked the (very knowledgeable) appliance salesperson. He recommended the griddle because the temperature was controllable, it had the same infrared element as the grill, and you could do everything on the griddle you could do on the grill. Thoughts?

I associated the griddle with pancakes, quesidillas, grilled cheese, etc. He said you could do veggies, skewers, chicken, shrimp, etc. with great results. I thought I would use the grill for not only grilling inside and finishing in the oven, but for throwing on texas toast when doing spaghetti, veggies when baking chicken, etc. He warned me that the grill is VERY hot (which I knew) and made it sound like it would be hard to handle.

I am not worried about cleaning the grill - everything vaporizes because of the high heat and I will have a cover for it or the griddle. The griddle he said you really didn't need to clean much either (although I am worried about taste transfer) because you want it to look like "waffle house".

Any thoughts???

Comments (4)