SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yadax3_gw

Migrating PC to Mac

yadax3
12 years ago

Hi,

I was sure there would be loads of questions and information on this subject but I found very little when I searched, so please forgive me if I missed something - or feel free to direct me elsewhere.

I'm in need of a new computer and, based on my love affair with my other Apple toys, I'd like to get an iMac this time around. The problem is I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how best to approach the migration from my PC to the Mac. The applications I use most often are Quicken, MS Office and Adobe Photoshop. From everything I've read, there won't be too much of a problem getting well-functioning Mac versions of everything except Quicken. I understand there is a Mac version of Quicken but I also understand it is a pretty poor substitute for the PC version.

Alternatively, I understand I can use Parallels or Fusion to run Windows on my iMac but then I have to stop and ask myself, why am I buying a Mac in the first place if I'm going to continue working in Windows? Also, if I run Windows on my iMac will I also need to run an anti-virus for Windows?

Any suggestions or insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (5)