SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smaloney_gw

Current feedback on Ikea appliances?

smaloney
12 years ago

I'm renovating a small galley kitchen. We're probably not going to use Ikea cabinets, both because I can't find a style that I really like and because the local store's installer is pricier than our other options. But with the annual Ikea kitchen sale back on this month, I'm wondering if I should consider buying several appliances there - specifically I'd be looking at the induction cooktop, a 30" wall oven, and a stainless Renlig dishwasher. If I bought all three I'd save 20 percent off what already look to be relatively low prices. I need a counter-depth French door fridge to work in my small space, so I plan to get that elsewhere.

I'm not a gourmet chef and I have a teensy kitchen, so my goal in renovating is to have something that is updated, functional and reasonably good looking. Since the appliances are Whirlpool and have a 5 year warranty, they would seem to fit the bill, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has any first hand experience (positive or negative.) I'm particularly at a loss on the ovens - Ikea seems to have 3 different options between $800 and $1000 that don't seem to have any real difference other than their appearance. So if anyone who has a Nutid oven or a Datid or Framtid can tell me which might be the better option, that would be great too.

I know the typical GW route with Ikea is to use the cabinets as a lower cost base and then get fancier appliances elsewhere; does it make any sense to do the reverse?

Comments (18)