SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2samlibby

Please critique our floor plans

mom2samlibby
11 years ago

Hello Everyone ~

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now, gleaning info from you all. We are getting close to a final version of our floor plan. I'd like to get your thoughts on them.

A little bit of background on us and our build. We are in our early 40's with two children, ages boy/14 and girl/11. We homeschool our children. I also have a homebased business selling scrapbooking supplies, which involves 20+ women coming to our house on a monthly basis. Hence the large scrapbook room at the back of the garage. I'm not a fan of open concept. I do like things to be a little more closed off.

We hope to be in this house for quite awhile. This house will be built in Nebraska. Our lot is 4 1/2 acres on a 9 acre lake. There will be 6 house total around this lake. We've had our lot for 2 years now, and my husband is getting anxious to get this started! We had hoped to start in March or April, but the builder doesn't seem to be as motivated to get started as are. However, we've had snow again on May 1st, so it doesn't seem like Spring is here yet. We plan to do ICF. The house will face North.

The kitchen design is not drawn in yet. We are waiting for the kitchen design to send the layout that he has drawn up. We plan to put the sink/dw/fridge on the south wall (back of house). The cooktop and double oven would be on the east wall. Island, too.

There will be a walk out deck off of the master bedroom. We'll have a walk out basement also.

This is the rough plan that the builder sent this week.

Thank you for your time and comments.

Main Floor:

Upstairs:

Basement:

Exterior Elevations:

Exterior Inspiration:

This post was edited by neroselover on Fri, May 3, 13 at 20:22

Comments (13)