SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Quickest ways to clean induction cooktop after use?

jaxo
11 years ago

I tried different kitchen and window spray cleaners and they all leave a cloudy or smeary residue on the cooktop.

I found the most effective and thorough method to clean splatters and spills is to put a drop of liquid dish soap on the cooktop, then wipe the stove down with a wet rag, then rinse the rag to get the soap and food out and then wipe the stove again to get the rest of the soap off and then wash the rag under running water again and then dry the stove with a towel.

The stove is then sparkling clean with no streaks, but that is way too many steps and too time consuming when you are in a hurry.

I thought about getting a spray bottle and filling it with a mix of rubbing alcohol and water or vinegar and water and just spraying the stove and wiping down with either paper towels or small wash cloths. I think diluted rubbing alcohol will be more effective on cleaning grease splatter than vinegar, so I'm leaning that way. I thought of cleaning using a spray bottle filled with diluted dish soap, but I think that may leave a cloudy soap residue behind.

Has anyone tried any of these options or have other ideas that are fast and easy?

Comments (16)