SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ging9

using glass tiles!

ging9
15 years ago

We are getting ready to start a master bath remodel and I would really like to use the 1x1 or 2x2 glass mosaic tiles from Oceanside. I will incorporate them with 12x12 ceramic tiles that mimic travertine in a light creamy shade. My question is how have you used the glass tiles as accents? I need to stay in a moderate budget, but wouldn't mind splurging a little to make an impact. I love the glass, but not the price. Can you show me how you have incorporated them into your design.

I was thinking a 4-6 inch for backsplash or maybe framing a large mirror above the vanity and somehow backing the built in niches in the shower maybe. The bathroom is a large rectangle with a 36x60 shower to the left and 69" vanity next to it with a small niche for the toilet on the right.

Any comments and or pics would be greatly appreciated. I am a big planner so I like to have everything thought through before we rip out and need a firm budget before we get started. Since the glass is expensive, this needs to be decided ahead of time.

Also, do most people tile the ceiling over the shower?

Thanks in advance

Comments (7)