SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
astralfarmer

Bathroom Overhaul

astralfarmer
12 years ago

We are in the initial contract negotiations with our chosen GC. I found all the posts regarding Fixed Cost vs Cost Plus vs Cost Plus Fixed Fee extremely helpful. We will probably go with a fixed fee once I have picked out all the variables, i.e., tile, flooring, vanity & fixtures. The GC has suggested we order the windows which have a 30-day lead time and use that time to shop for the variables. We can charge them to our VISA using the contractor's discount and gain the travel points.

Our bathroom footprint is 12'x 5'. It is divided into 2 rooms, each 6'x5', a dressing area with 6' vanity, double sinks and a closet, and a toilet/shower room. Working within that footprint to incorporate a walk-in shower has proven quite the challenge but we have come up with what we think will work.

We are removing the walls that divide the dressing area from the toilet/tub room. There will be a 1/2 wall at the end of the double vanity, we are removing the tub and tiling the entire toilet/shower area. We are adding 12" wide Anderson windows (to match the Andersons in the rest of the house) along the top of the walls over the vanity and in the shower along the 2 outside walls.

I wondered if anyone here has a combination shower/toilet room? We often take showers together and this was the only solution we could come up with to give us the space we want without knocking down walls.

I think we will have sufficient ventilation with a Panasonic vent fan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think we have covered the subject of moisture barriers with the GC.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022