SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eleeny_gw

gaggenau vs. miele induction cooktop?

eleeny
14 years ago

For our new home, I was considering between four 36-in induction cooktops -- Gaggenau, Thermador, Miele, and Wolf. I liked the Wolf and Thermador's speckled surface which I thought would be easier to clean than Miele and Gaggenau's smooth black. I liked Wolf and Gaggenau's awesome max power, although the other two are probably sufficient. However, one very important feature to me is the true timer, so that leaves the Gaggenau and Miele. I've only seen them in the showrooms, but never used one to cook on personally.

Which would you choose? Is the power difference btn the Miele and Gaggenau significant enough for the cook to feel the difference in cooking, or fast boiling a huge pot of water? (Miele's max boost is 3.85kW vs Gagg's amazing 4.4kW!) Is it hard to keep the plain black cooktops shiny and free of fingerprints? Does either one "buzz"? And most importantly, for those who own or have used the Gagg, is that magnetic twist knob great or annoying to use? (I tried it in the store and thought that it might be annoying, but I do like being able to hide it from the little kids for safety.) Are there any other features that I should consider?

Thanks so much! Please help me decide!!

Comments (7)