SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsiegler_gw

Need to purchase 48' Range - Your help is so greatly appreciated

tsiegler
13 years ago

My wife and I recently purchased a home, with a gaping hole between the cabinetry (for a 48" range). When I started researching 48" ranges, I quickly realized that they are 1) expensive and 2) hard to find information about. Thank goodness I found your wonderful forum. The members are unbelievably helpful, and I have read through your posts for hours upon hours (probably days). Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and expertise with those of us who know far less.

We want to keep this purchase at the lowest insane cost we can. We both love to cook, but have never purchased the more expensive ranges and other cooking appliances. With that said, we both love to cook and want to learn more. We are leaning toward the Capital Culinarian, and I will say Trevor has been incredibly helpful to us (yes I know he is a salesman). The gas cooktop seems to be very good, but I have not read much about the 48" range ovens. We love making pizza, but most of the ovens in 48" ranges seem to max out at 500 degrees in bake mode. I don't understand this, since my junky current range ($650) gets to 550. There seem to be varying views of how gas ranges bake. I am curious to learn from all of you about baking in various 48" ranges, especially pizza (since we make it about once a week). Thank you very much for sharing your expertise. We so greatly appreciate it.

Comments (9)