SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hgluckman_gw

Electrolux vs KitchenAid wall oven choice

hgluckman
14 years ago

I was pretty sure we had made this decision, but last night we visited a local Sears (actually Sears Grand), and saw both in close proximity. From an appearance/functionality point of view there are pluses and minuses to each. Specifically, we're looking at the Electrolux EW30EW65GB and the KitchenAid KEBS208SBL. Both are 30" double convection ovens in black.

Our primary requirements, which limits it to these two are that they be black, and have the full-extension glide out racks. We're also looking to keep the cost down to around $3,000. The only other oven that I think meets those criteria is the Bosch 500, and we don't really like the pop-out rotary controls on that.

I understand that the KAs had glass door problems last year, but those seem to be fixed. Speaking of the doors, that's one of the things we like better about the KA. The flat glass on the inside of the door looks like it would be easier to keep clean, and there are some clearance issues on the Electrolux with the rack in the lowest positon (you can't put the glide-out rack on the lowest position). The KA has a somewhat bigger window into the oven as well. The KA door handle is a closer match to other appliances that we have (more of an arc).

I like the disappearing display on the Electrolux control panel. Also, the glide-out racks seem somewhat better, and you get two per oven instead of just one.

The biggest difference between them seems to be the power ratings of the various burners Comparing the baking, broiler and convection watts respectively, the Electrolux is 2200, 4000 and 2500, while the KA is 2000, 3250 and 1600. The Electrolux has a 8 pass broiler compared to KA's 6. We don't do a lot of fancy baking, but it does happen occaisionally, and it seems like the more powerful oven would be better.

In terms of size, we're moving up from a single 27" oven, so either would be fine. The KA is rated at 0.1 cu ft bigger.

Real world experience with either or both would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if you're in the Denver area, and are looking for a bargain, they have a Electrolux Icon double oven (floor model, I assume) for under $1700. If it weren't stainless steel, we might go for it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!