SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Woodfield Leaf Plate Porch Shelf Display + Fall Finds

jeannespines
13 years ago

Had a fun day yesterday with friends ... went shopping to a couple smaller towns about 45 min. away. Well, so much of Fall display/+Halloween stuff was on sale in the specialty shops...cause it's getting close to Christmas displays in those shops! (Nov 4th)...most shops around here close at the end of the mo for 4 days & then hold open house for holidays!

Anyway, I had started a display on porch shelf of my new Woodfield leaf plate & cup that I got on vac & then snagged another place setting off e-bay. So here's a blackbird (40% off) I added to it from my shopping trip: (guess where that idea came from??? all you Enablers R Us!

Here's the full shelf...now I'm working on the one above it with white pitcher & 2 leaf bowls that I added to my stash awhile back. I added some dried prairie grasses to the vase:

I really love these salmon colored luncheon plates & hope to find more in TS's & such ...they were made in 1930-s & discont. in 40's.

At another shop I found this "perfect" t'cloth for my dining table ...it's square & doesn't cover the whole table ...I wanted something burlap-like & had been kind of canvassing for linen in a dark brown color. So, this shop had 40% Fall/Hall. decor ...so I snatched that baby up! (the heck with buying fabric!) LOL! Here it is but needs ironed...(cool iron, it says)...I love it with this fav candle sugar mold & stained glass leaves:

Here's a close up of the stitching in t'cloth & one of the 3 leaves...I got them from Tenderhearts catalog some yrs ago:

This was my first find of the day in a consignment shop...I about jumped for joy as I was looking for an urn for Fall/Christmas ... marked $11 & got 20% off that. I'm working on one of those "Willow Twigs" rice lights arrangements...cut alot of branches today but nothing was looking good...so will save that for another day:

And a stop at GWill ... 2 small Christmas plates (snowmen family) & 2 brandy(?) glasses ... each 75 cts...oh, & the acorn covered glass dish was $1.25 at last consignment shop. Am working on a clear glass arrangement with some other pcs...like the $4 Walmart glass pumpkin bowl w/lid...anyway, yet to come:

Also bought some really cute 8x10 prints & a fall swag (30% off in specialty shop) ...all in all, thanks to all you "Enablers R Us," it was a good day shopping with friends (in person) & in thought ...thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions