SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobetpine

Bertazzoni lower burners: are they useless?

bobetpine
15 years ago

Hi,

Based on the reviews here I could go with a Bertazzoni 30 inches, 4 burners. Viking is 1000$can more here and some people seem to dislike them very much. I haven't seen so many bad reviews about the Berta.

We are a couple (no kids), not so much into cooking but since I was raised in a family with all-gas range I positively HATE electric ranges. I've been dreaming of a gas range for 20 years...

Now we're moving so here's my chance...

We don't use a wok very often. We use a cast-iron portable grill for steaks and don't use high heat cooking besides for searing meats.

I sometimes like to make duck confit, rabbit stew, your usual classic French dishes but most of the time it's you average-Joe daily cooking.

My concern is the following.

The Berta has the following specs:

Burners: 3400,6100, 10400,12000 + 2800 BTU/h

We will use propane.

Yesterday night I tried my camping propane range just to see how it could cook a steak. It has 10000 BTU/h burners.

It was plenty.

But I wonder what can you do on 3400 or even 6100 burners?

Are they useless?

Let's say I want to cook steak, boil water for pasta and at the same time cook vegetables. Would the Berta lower burners be sufficient for the pasta and veggies?

I'm just confused about the whole concept of different power of the burners (at my parents place we used to have 4 burners with the same power but don't know how many BTU, sorry. It was a Superior 24 inches range).

Could someone explain and give me their opinion about the Berta fulfilling my needs?

Thanks so much.

Pascale

Comments (3)