SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbs2vt

Bertazzoni thermostat problem

jbs2vt
16 years ago

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say what a great help this site has been. I have been researching 36" gas ranges (under $4000) since August and this site is by far the best. Thank you.

We bought a home with a 36" 6 burner commercial Garland range, which was wonderful - but the oven was useless. It had no broiler and nothing would brown. I loved the cooktop, but I love to ccok and really needed an oven. After many months of looking, reading and trying to come to a decision, I chose the Bertazzoni. I really loved it from the first time I saw it, but we had a small budget and the price was more than I had planned to spend (although choices are very limited in that price range - I had no idea!).

My dilemma is this. My beautiful Bertazzoni was delivered 12/20. I was thrilled to have it for all my Christmas/holiday cooking. In a nutshell, I noticed the oven temperature keeping rising to 450+, no matter what it was set on. I called the dealer, they referred me to Bertazzoni and then after some troubleshooting over the phone, it was concluded a new thermostat was needed. It has been ordered and I am waiting for it to be replaced.

Needless to say, this has put quite a damper on my enthusiasm and excitement and now I am wondering if I should ask for a replacement. It just does not seem right to spend that much money on a stove and have it delivered with a defect.

Am I over reacting and being unreasonable? Should I just accept the problem and wait for the part or should I ask for a new range? One of the things I liked about the Bertazzoni is that it does not have a lot of bells and whistles, it is a very simple range. There is not a whole lot to go wrong, which makes me feel even more strongly that this should not have happened in the first place and maybe I got a lemon. I seem to be having trouble putting this in perspective. What would you do? Thanks for your help!

Comments (32)