SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

Canadian Thanksgiving

dining_delight
15 years ago

We hosted the Thanksgiving meal this year for our family. We had the traditional fare of roast turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, buns, brussels sprouts, corn, carrots, a broccoli salad and a pumpkin-cream-cheese-tart and/or apple pie for dessert. Oh, and we started with butternut squash soup. Of course, afterwards, everyone lays around moaning about how full we are! But are we ever thankful!

Here are a few pics of my table setting. I went with some traditional "harvest" colours.

I created a centerpiece by hollowing out holes in 3 pumpkins and placing my trio of cylindrical vases in them. I filled the top inserts with gold beads and candles and a couple of faux leaves. The bottoms of the vases also had faux leaves in them. I put them in a wicker type wood tray I had and placed small vases of fresh sunflowers in the corners with a garland of faux leaves around the edges. Then I put it on a burgundy table runner with the ends gently "scrunched" around it.

The next two pics show my new "fall" dishes. They have a leaf imprint on the sides of them. I got one set in a sage green and one in a mocha colour to mix and match. I got the pumpkin bowls last year.

We had Butternut Squash soup that DM made in the pumpkin bowls.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions