SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swest2_gw

Been Busy

swest2_gw
14 years ago

Yesterday I "ran away from home" with my best friend. She and I went to a lot of thrift stores and really got a lot of neat stuff. We left about 9 a.m. and wrapped things up about 7 p.m.

My hub and I have a fireplace in our den and I want to decorate it this year in a woodland/sophisticated motif. My inspiration is two brass deers I found for $8 each. I am collecting metallic decorations, beads, flameless candles, bells, pine cones, etc., to complete the look. While shopping, I found quite a few things that I think will be great. Found three bronze mercury glass (coned shaped) $2 each.

Also found a pair of children's ice skates (so cute) which I will lace with plaid ribbon $3.25, a 3 foot high plant stand that I will be using in my kitchen for candles $5.00. (It is really nice, cream color with a spiral top - will not paint), two DVD's for 75 cents each, a red feathery scarf 50 cents, two pink night gowns $1 each, red wool tree skirt $5.50, book on tape "Goodbye Mr. Chips" for 50 cents, metal soap dish for 92 cents.

A great idea I ran across the other day while I was flipping through a magazine. We recently repainted/refurbished the outside of our house, so DH doesn't want any nail holes, etc. I found three suction cup wreath hooks for hanging big wreaths for 50 cents. (We can't use the wreath hooks that have one magnet on the inside and one on the outside of the glass because a windows are double paned glass and it is not recommended as it might damage the window.) Also, we have a portable hanging lantern in our back yard that is about 5 feet tall and holds a candle. I think I will paint it black and put a wreath on it to put on our front porch. NO NAILS, HOOKS, ETC.

THEN - it gets better - DH and I were shopping at Sam's Club later and bought three cake stands with domes, which I have been wanting for forever, for $41. They are 18", 15" and 11".

I'm practically giddy. I was exhausted when I finally got home. Then I called my friend and we both realized we hadn't eaten anything all day. Ha, ha!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions