SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Halloween Tables Here!

15 years ago

Let's put all the tables in this post so everyone can enjoy them...Tam and OA, would you repost your tables here..:)

Comments (111)

• 15 years ago

Very, very cool, albeit scarey! You are very creative! What is the tablecloth, Glitter Queen!

OA, good thing grandma isn't around! LOL
    You should have been an elem teacher...I had my fill of glitter then! :)

• 15 years ago

I like that..."Glitter Queen" LOL The tablecloth is fabric from Walmart at $2 yd. I found it in MS. We only have 1 Walmart around here that still sells fabric and they don't have much of a selection at $1 or $2 yd.

• Related Discussions

Check Out These Incredible Halloween Table Decs!

Q

Comments (5)
    Lynn, I love Halloween decorations and was also taken with the Grandinrod catalog. I have a number of their candelabras (Got them three years ago maybe - back when they didn't sell quite so many Halloween items). I got them because they store flat. I just love them. But let me warn you, don't drop one on your foot. They weigh a ton. Many of Grandinrod's decorations mimic Martha Stewart's Halloween ideas from past years (as indicated on the cover). I made Martha's Halloween wine labels a couple of years ago (downloaded the template from her site and then adapted a little) and now Grandinrod sells similar ones. I ordered a set of their wine labels this year as well as a set of the ones you posted above. Just love the look when they're all grouped together like that. Will have to keep my eye out for appropriately shaped and colored bottles now. I'm thinking of getting the black battery candles that go with them, but yee gads, they are expensive when you need so many. Hmmmm. Maybe four this year and four more next year and four ......... No, I've got to quit!
    ...See More

New Here - Halloween Decorations to Share!

Q

Comments (14)
    Welcome Cindy! And there is no way we would be overwhelmed with all of your great decoration pics. We love pictures. I'm looking forward to more. My favorite is your bathroom. I LOVE what you did with the soap! How Cute! I may have to steal- I mean BORROW - that idea for my bathroom! And I'm not allowing myself to look very long at your village pieces. I have NO MORE storage space. NONE. PERIOD. I was closet/cabinet/storage space deprived BEFORE I was stricken with this "dish-ease" that I caught on this forum. I went shopping after Halloween last year and bought 3 storage bins full of Halloween stuff and had to give up precious space in my MB closet to store it. Now I truly can't buy anything else until I build a garage, storage building, or add a LARGE storage room to my house. And my budget isn't allowing that in the near future. Sigh... So.. hurry and show us the outside decorations. It's close enough for me! LOL Betty
    ...See More

Halloween Table # 2

Q

Comments (9)
    Kathleen, I save ALL your tables in a digital scrapbook on my computer. I'm with Jeanne on this one. It does make a person smile. For some reason, I don't think about polka dots when making or purchasing linens, but I always like them when I see them on a table - I mean I REALLY like them. So why don't I have any polka dot napkins????? I'm going to have to make a little note to myself concerning this. I love the idea of a black and white table at any time of the year, but I think this color combination looks especially nice in October (and New Year's Eve). Your patterned plates and the Pier One chargers are great. Sort of jealous about those. AND, a clever idea using the butter dishes as mini cloches. I've got that idea LOCKED in my brain for future use.
    ...See More

Very simple Halloween table

Q

Comments (8)
    Karen, DH is such a good sport :) He was actually helping to come up with names for the food :) I balked at anything he wanted to use the word "pus" in LOL! Jeanne, I wish I could use that cloth for other 'scapes as it is really pretty IRL....hmmm...maybe I'll incorporate it into our anniversary tablescape?? LOL! And shopping w/ CC was such a thrill. Ahh Punk, thanks for looking at my other tablescapes :) I don't have to explain to anyone here the dish obsession we each fall victim to :) I am super excited as I have found my dream dining table and will be going at lunch today to pick it up. We will eventually be turning our never used formal living room into a dedicated dining room. The future tablescaping I will be able to do kept me up most of the night! Kath
    ...See More
  • 15 years ago

I am starting to get a little table jealous. Great jobs on all the table settings.

Sandi, I have a question on the bones under the table. Are they paper or the plastic bones? Looks like bones but how did you get the plates to sit because the bones would overlap? LOve it with all the glitter.

Oldalgebra, where did you find the pancake molds? I think I need to get out more. Love your table also. Love the tablecloth.

• 15 years ago

DD,
    Pancake molds are from Williams-Sonoma. They are last year's molds: set of 3. They have a new set out this year which only has two molds, but I think they might be better because they are bigger and you don't have to make so many. It takes a bit of practice to get them out of the mold at just the right time (cooked enough not to run all over the place, but not too cooked, so they're too dark to look good). Just remember to spray the bejabbers out of them before you put them on the grill and spoon in the mix.
    If memory serves me correctly, WS has other molds for other holidays. Sur la Table may have them too.

• 15 years ago

DD, Thank you. The bones are the plastic 6 for $1 from Dollar Tree. The bones don't overlap. I use 4 for each place setting and just butt the ends up together under the plate. Since the top place is black you can't see that which helps.

• 15 years ago

Great Job ladies Once Again...so much creativity 'Ooozing' all over.. >>> With 'Glitter On Top'
    By the way, I'm a HUGE fan of Glitter myself !!

OA ... I bet Judith gives you an A+ for such a great table..
    Love the spiderweb on the table cloth...I can't get over all of your 'Recycled' Decorations...that each have a history!! ..and they work Perfectly together. Love the pancakes..how sweet is that!!

sandi..Too Funny Girl!! .. Love That Table and Color Combination... The Glitter MAKES IT >>> LOL..
    My GD would love you..she's a little 'glitter queen'..always wanting to put it on everything too.

Kathleen...I still haven't gotten glitter out of my system from school projects.. I did lots of those projects, with my kids at school. Their parents would complain about it getting all over the house when they brought them home..Now it's my DD who complains, when her kids go home with glitter projects that they made at my house..
    Glad you got over to the CTS...I'm looking forward to seeing what you purchased. Do you have any Battle Scars? LOL
    jane

• 15 years ago

Should have typed "top plate" instead of "top place".

• 15 years ago

Sandi, don't worry about the spelling, we knew what you meant. Such a very cute table, I love that fabric and all the glitter.

OA, I can tell you have found the perfect forum! You go, Gal, you are just on a roll with all these creative, fun tables. I love them all!

Luvs

• 15 years ago

Yes, even the plastic ones. Any spider, made of anything, creeps me out. Fainted once from a real live spider that almost crawled on my head. If one can die of fright, a spider would do it for me. LOL

kathleen, you looked like you were decorating that table for the Saints football team here in N.O. Their colors are black and gold. Very pretty table, as usual.

Olda, that breakfast looks great.

sandi, did you buy those goblets like that or did you make them with various pieces you put together? They are great. The entire table is beautiful.

• 15 years ago

Thank you brutuses. I bought the goblets at Walgreens for $1 each. They were all gray and black and I painted most of them metallic green.

• 15 years ago

Karen, we are definitely out of our league here, we can't manage one tablesetting & these ladies are doing 3 & 4 and now the NEW TREND, (thanks Kathleen) with FOOD ON THEM!!!

What great tables from all of you, I cannot pick out anyone in particular they are all so unique!

What great ideas you all have, thinking out of the box. I think that will be my downfall with all of this, I just can't seem to do it.

I sent this link to some friends who love looking at all your tablescapes for every holiday & season.

We had freinds over tonite for dinner & she was one I had sent it to & she asked me if you ladies change your tables every nite!!

I said not every nite, but some do several nites a week! She was amazed & loved all your tables!

She thought my decorations were really nice too, but I told her I'm still a rank amateur compared to the rest of you!

Back to cheering!! RAH RAH

I really like having all the talbes in one thread, but it's killing this DIAL-UP gal! I have to have patience, as it is worth seeing all the new ones each day!

• 15 years ago

I had to take some time off from hanging out on this forum to get ready for a "real life" dinner party for 10 people (will post that later) and am WAY BEHIND on commenting on these fabulous Halloween Tablescapes. I just LOVE them all, so many different ideas and looks! Here is one I did recently.

DD

First time trying a stacked plate. I don't have a real set and used two cake plates which didn't match so I covered them with the black napkins and set them on a charger for easy carrying.

Used it as a centerpiece for dining room table

Took it all to work and decorated the Staff Room table too

• 15 years ago

Oh ladies, I am green with envy! You all have wonderful, splendid, amazing Halloween table settings!
    I have been shopping for Halloween but a lot of stores decided to not follow Halloween this year - only Fall - which is a complete non sense as Halloween becomes more and more popular in our country.
    It's frustrating since I hoste a Halloween party at home on Friday - but I finally found some items.
    However, I'd like to be Samantha Setevens to make your Halloween decorations go from your homes to mine, lol.
    Anyway, I used Karen's inspiration album to add some cool pics on my site, that's a good point ;-)))
    Once again, congratulations on your splendid jobs!

• 15 years ago

dining_delight, I love your table setting. Your stacked plates look great too & I love that you used the black napkins on them. You did a wonderful job on all of it.
    And 3 different uses. That's thinking!

• 15 years ago

Dining D, I love it so much. Very nice job. You've given me courage to try a stacked plate centerpiece. Maybe I can start with a couple of cake plates like you did. If I'm as successful as you, I'll purchase the plates.
    Like the tall bat votive holders. And where'd you find the ice chunks? Those are cool. I like scattering things around the table like that.
    Tell us about the skulls. Do they light from within?

• 15 years ago

My goodness - look at all of these lovely tables!! I don't know where to start, and don't want to leave anyone out, but here are my favorite things:

- An arm coming out of the table - how original!
    - the ghost teapot...I'm a tea fanatic, and just adore that little pot
    - the black and gold table...how wonderfully elegant and spooky
    - skeletons & spiders all over
    - The spiderweb tablecloth with white puffy paint
    - The glittery stuff everywhere - how do you ladies glitter things without getting it all over your house?!
    - all of the lovely dishware...you ladies are certainly pros at finding just the right things to use...

Our party was last Saturday, so I'll have to see if I can "reclaim" my dining room table (which was a buffet for the party) by Friday to get a Halloween setting done. If not, then I'll just wait until Thanksgiving, and soak up all these ideas for next year... :-)

• 15 years ago

DD..great job on your table..love how you arranged the stacking plates. The crow on the top fits perfectly there. I like how you used the lace runners to set off the black and orange, they give it a nice elegant look. I'm sure the people at work must feel so special, and just love what you do for them...I know I would!
    jane

• 15 years ago

Great job, DD. And you got three uses from it too, that's so great. Bet you got tons of compliments. I am just so impressed at all these spooky yet elegant tables--would never have thought the two would mix so well. Luvs

• 15 years ago

Thanks Sandi, I enjoyed playing around with the stacked plates.

OA,thanks! Yes using cake plates was a good test, I think I want the real thing now though. I have lots of those ice chunks and like to use them especially in the winter - I put the black roses in the them inside the clear vases for an "icy" look. The skulls were from the local dollar store for $2 each and they are lit with a tealight inside.

Jane, thanks! I love Battenburg lace and thought it might make for a kind of "gothic"look if I used it for Halloween. Yes, everyone at the office was very appreciative, especially since I also bought little "treats" for them to enjoy!

Thanks Luvs! Using the stacked cake plates for three different areas convinces me that it would be worthwhile to spend the $ on the real thing as I know I would use them lots.

DD

• 15 years ago

All I can say is WOW!!
    It is crazy buzy around here and I know there won't be time for a Halloween table at my house. But I can sure enjoy all of these.
    Had 34 family members for dinner last Saturday. It was super easy. Everyone brought something and we put it all out and just had fun. All of the pics have family in them so I won't post them. Didn't do a lot of decorating. Had some cute glass pumpkins and gourds that I scattered down the middle of the long tables. Had a large cabbage leaf salad bowl that I filled with autumn colored fruit,small pumpkins, and gourds that I used on the round antique table.
    The large oblong table had the white pumpkins with clear crystal candleholders and pink candles.
    A six night revival as well as Doctor visits and starting rehab to strengthen Alfred's back and legs made for a busy week too.
    I'm going to try for a Thanksgiving tablesetting. I have some plates like the ones you used for your ham dinner that I may use, Kathleen. BTW I loved the teapot. Never saw one like it before. And I want to know about your gold and black themed dinner. How elegant.
    I am so impressed with all of the talent here and the fun we have sharing. What a great bunch of people here. And some of the neatest items you've collected. A silver witch's hat, the red metal dishes on that outside setting with "THE HAND" Oldalgebra, and the darling table with the cute food for the grandkids,and the purple and black spider even found his way into the den for the game!
    Sandi,I love the green, black, and white table. So different.And the black glitter cats. Made my hand hurt thinking about all the cutting. I need a sheet holder too! Poor Alfred, another job for him. I'll just blame you!!
    I think the skeleton tree is the "cherry on top" of that whole table. Gosh Sandi,how many tables did you do? I need some of your energy! My favorite is still that green one.
    DD, Where did you find your blackbird? The bat candleholders are so cute,and I love the fact that you share with your coworkers. It's nice that you have an area you can decorate. Do they appreciate it as much as we do?
    Great tables, Everyone. Maybe I can pick up some stuff when they put it on sale and next year get the grandkids to spend a day helping Nanny make a scary house.
    Betty

• 15 years ago

Thank you Betty. I have had a lot of fun doing these Halloween tables. My DH would tell you that I've done TOO MANY Halloween tables. LOL

I know your GC would love helping you set a table for Halloween. They will have a ball.

• 15 years ago

I found the orange check fabric ($1 yd) at a Walmart in MS in Aug and bought it with a tablecloth in mind even though I didn't have anything else to go with it. Then a couple of days later I found the spiderwebs ($1) at a dollar store and knew I had the beginnings of a table setting for Halloween. I don't really care for the white spiderwebs on the stems so for next year I will redo them in black and add orange spiders. I thought I had an original idea until I saw OA's stems and I like hers much better so I will shamelessly copy them. ;~)

I used the black tree from Walmart again for the centerpiece with spiders scattered around on it. The big orange spiders on the tree came attached to the spider web "chargers". They are a brighter orange than the small spiders, but they didn't photograph well at all.

• 15 years ago

Sandi - what a great table! (along with ALL your others!) Those spider web placemats/chargers are fantastic! And great job on carrying the spider theme right through. I think your stemware with the white webs and black spiders are perfect - they look great. The orange/white tablecloth looks terrific as the backdrop to your "spider-fest". (You may have driven some on here "over the edge" LOL!!!)

DD

• 15 years ago

OK. Now that's just plain creepy! And I wish I'd thought of it first. The web deocration-turned-placemat is a great idea. Very clever to recognize their potential. I've got to start thinking like that.
    Now, Sandi, I don't mean to criticize, but I noticed you're falling down on the job. You used the same place cards for one of your other table settings. Shameful, just shameful!
    I have a couple of those same fat rubber spiders (napkin rings). Used them on a doorknob decoration.
    OA
    P.S. None of my ideas can be copied. Why? Because they're not my ideas. I stole them from somebody else - the same way I'm going to copy your spiderweb placemats (and clear plates that show off everything).

• 15 years ago

Thank you dining_delight. My DS HATES spiders to the point of it almost being a phobia. This one especially is for him. ;~)

OA, You know, I did think about doing another set of place cards for this table, but I couldn't think of a better one. Now that you've brought it to my attention again, it would have been much cuter to have glued orange spiders on them. Would that count as another set? LOL

A couple of weeks ago I found the same spider webs & attached spiders someplace else (Walmart I think or maybe Walgreens) in a slightly larger size for $1.50.

The ideas may not be yours originally, but you've brought them to my attention so, for that, I thank you. LOL

• 15 years ago

Wow, DD, that looks great! And it is so nice of you to do that for your office. It must be appreciated!
    Love your table for 2! Lovely! I so love Battenburg lace too!

Yes, Luvs, dollar tree pumpkins sprayed gold, from last year, and I used them for the 2 anniv parties on the table. Have to get my money's worth..

The gold was just for fun, and just for the 2 of us...that's who comes to dinner nightly, OA !

Luvs, the gold tassels are really table cloth weights, I got in the supermarket last year after Cmas! I used them to clip the upper tablecloth corners, as I layered it...

Betty, you sound busy. And yes, do a Fall table for yourself when you have time. It is fun!

Prosperity, wiggle your nose and see if it works, LOL..

Hope everyone is having fun...that's what this is for. And we love the cheerleaders! Thanks for the encouragement! I know we all love your comments..

• 15 years ago

This is certainly fun! To see all the lovely tables you all are creating. From fun whimsical teapots and Sandi's witch table to the very elegant gold and black table - they are all really cool. I am so impressed and cant get over how well you guys use things. I wouldnt even think of buying some of the things I see on the tables here! LOL... it wouldnt strike me at all that I can use it somewhere.

Sandi - that black web placemat is such a cool idea. And you are definitely craft/art wise talented - making all the cool stuff you are using!

Mo

• 15 years ago

Sandi, I missed your table! Very cute. Love the orange and white check! And your glasses! WOW! The web under the plate is a great idea!

So now another with a web theme. I hope Brutuses doesn't get upset!
    I bought this yesterday in Kmart for 3.00. I will bring it to my gkids so they can use it for decoration, but I had to had to do a table before I give it away! ( maybe I will find another after Halloween! cheaper..:)
    I know Igor is with an I, but this is a different guy :)

For Karen, a CAT, and the only kind I have!

• 15 years ago

Mo & Kathleen, Thank you for your nice words.

Kathleen, That is such a cute table. I just love it. And $3 for the large spider web is a great price. I love how you used the bones as place card holders. And the "eyeballs" in the bowls is a really cute idea. Love your kitty cat pumpkin and the raised cake plate he's on. That's so cute. I love your black bowls.

• 15 years ago

Thanks Kathleen for your compliments on my table!
    Your newest table is so striking with the black and orange - I just love the contrast. And how great with the bones, spiders, eyeballs and cat pumpkin centerpiece - it all looks fantastic! The towel/napkins are terrific with it too. Just wonderful!! I'm sure your grandkids would love to have a meal at that table!

Betty, I got my blackbird/crow/raven at a local drugstore. You DO sound busy but it is good to hear from you, I have noticed you haven't been posting as much and now we can see why! Hope you have time to do a table for fun in the near future.

I think I will do a bit of a change up now for all those creeped out by so many SPIDERS and show a table I did last year. I think of it as kind of a "melted witch" table.

Of course, I had to share it with the office again...

• 15 years ago

dining_delight, What a great table. I can see why you call it a "melted witch" table with the hat and the hands peeping out. What a cute idea. Another one on list of "shameless copies". I like the lanterns on the table & how you raised one of them. The whole table theme is such a cute, cute idea.

• 15 years ago

Kathleen,
    Love, love, love the pumpkin napkins with scalloped edging.
    I too think the eyeballs in the soup dish is a great touch.
    Every table posted here just keeps getting better and better!

• 15 years ago

Thanks, Sandi, and DD.
    OA, thanks you..got the napkins yesterday TJ Maxx 25 % off, so less than a dollar each..

DD. your melting witch table is great! Again, having been the Sunshine Gal at school for too many years, I know how much work it is to drag all that stuff in!

My final table will be witchy, I hope!

• 15 years ago

So hard to keep up with all these tables each day...hopefully by Thurs..I will have a 'clean' space to set up..DH finally finished doing the Kitchen Backsplash.

Sandi...another great table. I would freak out sitting at that table!! I don't do Bugs very well..and spiders for sure..had too many hairy episodes with them..lol.. Your tables are so fun to look at, and I can picture the fun you have, setting them up too!

Kathleen..cute cat o' lantern! Never saw one like that.
    Love the 'bones' under the glass dome, that's a first.
    What a hoot, with the eyes in the soup bowls..the kids would really love those. Another great job.

DD...that is too funny with the 'Melted Witch'..those hands peeking out look great..and I agree love how you did the staggared lanterns too. Everything is done so well.

jane

• 15 years ago

Thank you Jane. DH and I have a high school senior living with us this year. She's a real sweetheart. Anyway, the 3 of us sat down at the spider table to eat tonight and neither she or DH batted an eye at the spiders. I'm not in love with bugs, but I guess since I garden so much they don't bother me if I don't touch them.

Sounds like you are getting a new look to your kitchen. I would love to see pics of your new backsplash. I know what it's like to be in the middle of of a big project. Why is it that working on one room carries the mess over into other rooms? The kitchen/den is the next room on our list and it sure needs it.

• 15 years ago

Sandi, thanks. The lanterns are actually outdoor ones I use in our cabana in the summer and I "copied" that idea from a magazine (so don't YOU worry about "shameless copying" LOL!) , only they had little ghosts in theirs not candles. I hope to find some little ghosts or skeletons to put in mine in the post Halloween sales. Your spider table is so "tastefully done" (LOL!) how could your DH and billet not love sitting there!

Kathleen, thank you. I am not familiar with a "Sunshine Gal" (did you spread "cheer"?) but everyone at work is used to me arriving with boxloads of stuff and are always willing to help me unload my car so they can see the next "project" I put on the table. LOL! Looking forward to a "witchy" table from you!

Jane, thanks and glad you liked and "got" the melted witch scene. It only occurred to me when I rounded up the fingers from some old costume stuff the kids had years ago. Looking forward to seeing a table from you if you have time now that your reno's are done.

DD

• 15 years ago

"Prosperity, wiggle your nose and see if it works, LOL.."

I did, Kathleen, I did! So many times... unfortunately nothing happened. Will try to cast some magic spells ;-)

Well, finally found two or three items and decorated the dining room - as we almost only are in this room and the office. My son took some pics and... I don't find them on the computer. Will ask him and post the pictures right away!

• 15 years ago

Love the melting witch, and the eyeballs in the bowls as well. What a great idea! Really wonderful tables - I feel like I'm in a wonderland just looking at them all! :-)

• 15 years ago

Prosperity, don't forget that things like orange or black ribbon can be used too. You can use for napkin rings, hang like garlands, tie into bows to attach to the table or chairs, etc. Also, a nice big bowl of green or orange punch on the table. And lots of candles will add to the mood as well. I'm sure you will all have a great time. ;o)

Good use of that big spiderweb Kathleen, and what a cute Halloween kitty. Like the texture on those black place mats too.

The melting witch idea is so cute and clever too! And I love how you put the skeleton and pumpkin in the glass holders, DD, you are very creative. ;o)

Luvs

• 15 years ago

Raven Soup, anyone?
    {{gwi:1442269}}
    {{gwi:1442270}}

• 15 years ago

OA, That is just great. I love all of it. And I am going to make a wire cloche for sure. Love your tablecloth too. Good going girl.

• 15 years ago

Excellent OA! Love the striped tablecloth and the coordinating plates/chargers. Your wire cloche and ravens fit in very well with your theme as does the framed The Raven picture. Tell me, Denise, are you dining with "Lenore" or Mr. Poe, himself? LOL! Love your placecards! Great job!

DD

• 15 years ago

Hey Denise, you snuck another one in! Very nice, and your wire cloche looks perfect!

• 15 years ago

So glad to see that wire cloche again--you did a wonderful job on it, and I love the way you tied it in to The Raven and Poe. Would never have thought I would just love tables with ravens (and spiders), but you gals have sure taken them to a whole new level! ;o) Luvs

• 15 years ago

Oh wow!! I'm in awe, these are fantastic! I have a lot to learn. lol

• 15 years ago

nice job OA..Never saw a wire cloche before..I'm sure that has so many possibilities. Great tablecloth..it's so striking with your accessories...I can't get over how these tables just get better and better..
    jane

• 15 years ago

All these Halloween table creations are such fun to see, even the dang spiders who tend to freak me out a bit. I can look at them, but rather not dine with any. LOL.

Kathleen, so nice to see you DO have a cat. Sort of.
    hugs, Karen

• 15 years ago

I really love those ravens...and the striped tablecloth! All of these pictures are just so wonderful, and inspiring!

• 15 years ago

OA, I missed this last one since I was following the other thread. Very nice - I really like your white goblets. Thats a nice theme.

Karen, I am totally with you on 'dining with spiders'. I would rather not do that either. LOL.

Mo

• 15 years ago

Love,love,love that wire cloche. I keep hoping that some of this talent will rub off on me if I keep looking at these wonderful pics. So far nothing.
    Maybe next Halloween I can steal I MEAN BORROW some of these ideas!
    Betty

Sponsored
More Discussions