SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljalter

Diamond pattern 20x20 floor tile with 2x2 glass insets? Walls?

ljalter
14 years ago

Hi all -

I need some advice!

I am using a 20x20 rectified porcelain that looks like a light, creamy travertine for our master remodel. It's cheap, but there are no coordinating trim pieces. Our space is small (10x13, I think). Our vanity top is tempered glass. I have found 2x2 glass tiles that match the vanity top that I would like to use for accent.

So I am struggling with the tile layout. I am waiting to get bids until I figure this out!

Can you put 2x2 glass as accent on the floor? Or is that nutty? I am interested in a diamond pattern on the floor with each corner cut off for the 2x2 glass tile to drop in. I have seen this done with marble or something in the inset, but never glass, and I ponder if there is a reason! I wouldn't worry about slippage because the area is so small.

So that leaves me with this: What the heck to do with the walls and shower surround? I would like to use the accent tile in these areas, but without trim pieces, I am not sure what to do to "finish" the top edge (it's a totally square edge on the tile), nor what pattern would look good. I do want tile up the wall to wainscot height. I want things to flow, but I wouldn't do the same floor pattern on the wall, would I? I can see doing something like this in the shower, I suppose. (But using the same color tile on the top and bottom and using the 2x2 glass to line the top and bottom of the diamond area.) So would it make sense to just do the regular tile up the walls all around the room to the height of where the diamond would start in the shower?

Does anyone have any advice for me? Any thoughts are so appreciated! If you need more visuals to understand what I mean, please let me know!!

Thank you!!!!

Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!