SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zone4newby

I wish the weather would give us a break!

zone4newby
10 years ago

We were supposed to have the house completely closed up by now, but between the unending snow in April and the storms in May, we haven't even begun framing. Someone tell me that after the house is framed we won't be stuck with making no progress every time the sky grays up?

I know no one controls the weather, and I'm trying to be patient, but I'm starting to feel like this will never be finished. Yesterday framing was supposed to start, but all that happened was a lumber delivery. There were some storms in the afternoon, but it seems like work could have happened in the morning? I'm hoping someone showed up after my husband stopped by this morning and some of that wood actually starts getting attached to the foundation.

Anyone else building in the upper midwest? Are we the only ones who are stuck like this? I know part of our issue has been that we're building on raw acreage, so the wet weather messed with us more than it would if we were building in a development.

My frustration aside, we haven't had the kind of weather that flattened Oklahoma yesterday. Could be worse.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio