SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shakfu3_gw

Revised Floor Plan Critique

shakfu3
11 years ago

I previously posted by floor plans here and took the advice I received to create a revised set. As context, here is some background information:

- We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 toddlers)

- The lot is located in northern NJ where its is very difficult to find decent size plots.

- Because of the lot size and zoning regulations, we cannot make the house wider then it already is

- We are leveraging modular construction. While we could make the house deeper, I am trying to design a house that requires a minimum number of "modules" to keep cost down. As such, I would like to work within the existing footprint as there is a step function increase in cost by adding modules

- Both my wife and I have aging parents so we wanted a full bathroom downstairs for when they visit.

- The office downstairs will also serve as a "design studio" for my wife who has a emerging business in designing ethnic clothes. That's why there is a closet with a sitting area in the first floor office for when clients come for fittings and trials

- I plan on asking for help in the kitchen forum for kitchen layout help

As always, thanks in advance for the great advice here. I can't imagine doing this project without this forum for knowledge.

Thanks,

Shakeel

{{gwi:1403359}}

{{gwi:1403361}}

Comments (7)