SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sji9600_gw

Calacatta Gold Bathrooms - slab question

sji9600
12 years ago

Hello,

I am in the midst of remodeling his/hers master baths. Each are done with Calacatta Gold marble. For hers: 3x12 herringbone floor, 3x6 brick pattern in shower and 1 inch mosaic on shower floor. All floor and wall tiles are polished.

For his: 3x6 brick on floor and shower walls, one accent wall in shower of random cut mosaic and floor is 1 inch mosaic. All tiles are polished.

Question: For the tub deck and vanity in my bathroom and the shower seat and vanity in my dh's bathroom, should I use polished or honed calacatta gold for the slab?

My fabricator delivered the cut slabs with the wrong edging. I wanted a straight edge and they did an oggi. Also, stone came honed and I thought it should be polished to match the rest of the stonework in both bathrooms.

Ugh! Of course they will redo everything, but am debating keeping what came if I am given a serious discount. These bathrooms are costing a small fortune and we've waited so long to have them done, I hate to compromise.... but, if honed is better for deck and vanity surface, maybe I should just keep it and deal with the different edge.

I would love your thoughts.

Thank you.

Comments (5)