SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Doing a master bath reno.....sorry it's long

mikeandbarb
14 years ago

We hadn't planned on doing it this soon but last week we had a pipe leak in the foundation at the inside wall between bed and bath room. They have fixed the pipe but now we're left waiting on insurance to settle on cost of repairs and replacement of carpet in bedroom and cabinets in bathroom.

I tols my husband we might as well go ahead with the reno being that it's going to be torn up and thing's in a mess anyway. We just replaced carpet through out the two living ares, kitchen and hallways, had it painted too with lots of repairs to ceiling and tear out of wallpaper. Took about two months. We still haven't gotten eventhing back to the way we want it, still have to paint base board and thing's just keep coming up that those projects get pushed to the side.

We plan on going with the place that did the tile, they have all the contacts for everything we want done. I told them I don't won't to have to lift a finger on this one, meaning clean up or finishing anything ourself. I want to walk into our bed and bathroom like they do on HGTV. Everything in it's place and everything shinning.

Ok, now for the plans, Bedroom is only getting new flooring and painted. Bathroom is getting a total reno, gutted out, tearing out tub and a shower, they are on seprate walls.

New shower will be a walk in and go where the tub is, shower will be turned into two thing's Adding more space to my closet and linen closet.

For the vanity area, going with a full cabinet on bottom with a tall slender cab in the center on top of the counter top,new lighting, new flooring and such.

I love the looks of the shower panel, I want a good one and have found some on line that look great and prices are way down. Please tell what brand is best and why.

If we do a shower door I want the frameless style. Is there any reason not to do a frameless shower door? Can you tell me of any problems these doors have?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996