SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

Report: Toto Aquia II dual flush toilet

jakkom
12 years ago

This is the older model Aquia. I was told the newer one has a more efficient flush, but we've never had any problems with the drain in this bathroom so I opted for saving $50 or so and going with this one.

The Aquia is said to have a difficult install compared to other toilets. My contractor was familiar with them so he wasn't fazed by it, but many DIYers have commented unfavorably on how tricky it is to put in.

The flush is surprisingly efficient, although like all low-flow toilets, you have to expect to clean it more often. We've had low-flow toilets in CA since 1989 so know what to expect.

Unlike many toilets, the Aquia only comes in the elongated bowl. I don't actually like this, but it is only 1" longer than the old Kohler Wellworth Lite we had before, so it was able to fit comfortably in the same place (wipes forehead - whew!).

There is one thing to note. We had one of the older soft-close toilet seats on our Toto Ultramax downstairs. The new soft-close seats are not contoured the same way, and I find them personally a little more uncomfortable. Just something to be aware of, if you're ordering one.

I really, really like the skirted bottom. It makes it so much easier to keep clean! All toilets should have them, LOL.

Comment (1)