printer scanner help me?

cmae17

I need a printer/scanner that can be used without the pc. As good & cheap as possible? What are you happy with? I don't need it for photos.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iasheff

A scanner without a PC is basically a copy machine.

I have a laser printer/copier/scanner. It can be used with or without a PC. It is only monochrome (only prints with black toner) but it does scan in color. It is a Samsung SCX-4100. Perfect for a home office! After rebates, I only paid $45 including shipping from Best Buy several years ago

Save    
rleeq

While I can't recommend any particular brand, you might be able to get by with a fax scanner setup. A good one can be a bit pricey but you can also find them for under $100.

Save    
deb_pa

I bought an HP All-in-one F380 about 3 years ago because my hubby needs to make copies and doesn't use a computer. Put the item under the glass, pick color or black, pick number of copies and press Start copy, and copies print out. It was $150 with a $50 mail in rebate and Staples had an immediate $50 rebate. Love it, and it does print wonderful pictures too. Ink is reasonable too, $18 and if you take the empty cartridges to Staples you get them for $15 each.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides Key Measurements to Help You Design the Perfect Home Office
Fit all your work surfaces, equipment and storage with comfortable clearances by keeping these dimensions in mind
Full Story
Home Offices Online Tools Help Paperless Plunge
Pay bills, catch up on reading and keep track of schedules and dates with these terrific online tools
Full Story
Patty creates unique, enjoyable, and livable interiors. Regardless of project budget, she is known for... Read More
Our creative project designs and detailed costing budgets, listing many alternatives and options, allow each... Read More