SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmme_gw

granite vs cultured marble

mmme
15 years ago

When responding to a question about kids' bathroom, I reminded myself how much I love the white cultured marble countertop that's in the bathroom of the house I'm renting while we remodel.

My previous bathroom had a very high-maintenance (i.e., showed everything) green sink. This white cultured marble sink can be positively encrusted with toothpaste, and I scarcely notice. Perfect for the kids' sink.

But I've been tempted away by an inexpensive stock granite counter with white, undermount sink. Seems like a great deal--costs exactly the same as cultured marble and should hold up better (I think). But how is it for staying clean? I'm planning to get "meteorite," which is the standard gray/black/cream. Will that show water marks and toothpaste dribbles like I'm afraid it will? My highest priority, after years of cleaning the sink several times a day, is installing a surface that will LOOK reasonably clean even if it isn't quite. I honestly don't care which looks better when it's clean; I want the one that looks better when it's dirty--because with my kids, it almost always is.

Anyone know what I mean here?

Comments (11)